Wednesday, September 14, 2016

God loves us no matter what we do...or don't do!

Hosea 7
I long to redeem them but they speak about me falsely. 14They do not cry out to me from their hearts but wail on their beds. They slash themselves,[a] appealing to their gods for grain and new wine, but they turn away from me. 15I trained them and strengthened their arms, but they plot evil against me. 16They do not turn to the Most High; they are like a faulty bow. Their leaders will fall by the sword because of their insolent words. For this they will be ridiculed in the land of Egypt.

Galatians 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Romans 9
22What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

Hosea 7 talks about how we all do what we want whether it is what God wants us to do or not...and don't do what we should. Galatians 6 is stating the same thing and adding that we get what we deserve. 

If we continue to sin, God let's us stay in our sin and suffer the repercussions. Not because He enjoys seeing us suffer. It is the opposite. He suffers watching us, so He lets us suffer from our sin in order to cause us to change...to want to change. He wants us to turn back to Him and the good things He has in store for us.

I had a bad day yesterday. I said some things I shouldn't have and hurt someone's feelings.  I could choose to be prideful and pretend like nothing happened yesterday. I could go on and on like that and be a poor example of a Christian. Or I could apologize and acknowledge that I had done wrong by what I said (and skip the part about how the other person brought it all on). Then I will feel the weight of the burden of doing wrong being lifted off of me. I will be able to move on confidently, but not prideful. If the other person forgives me, great! If not, I will be okay because I apologized honestly. I will try not to say things impulsively again in order to prevent this situation from happening and being a stumbling block to others.

So, when things seem all messed up, turn to God. Tell Him what is going on. Ask Him to help you. As it states in Romans 9, He is waiting for an opportunity to be merciful to us, to let us change. We just have to take it! 

Father, thank you for never changing. Thank you for waiting for us to change. Thank you for allowing us to suffer the consequences of our sins in order for us to realize we are wrong and need to change. Thank you for loving us unconditionally. In Jesus Christ's name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review then in a few days! I hope you see God's blessings for you this week!