Saturday, October 31, 2015

Just one thing...

Just one thing: Live your life in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. 
-Philippians 1:27

This morning I was concerned about a neighborhood Bible Study. My neighbor and I had planned a meeting with our neighbor ladies, a social, to get to know them. We were hoping to start a Bible Study from it. To our dismay, it turned out very differently.

Based on their feedback during our first get together last night, we are going to start a regular time of socializing instead, at this point. Sounds pathetic compared to starting a Bible study,right?  Except that these ladies are disinterested in God and Jesus and the Bible! Whoa! However, they are interested in getting to know each other and making friends in the neighborhood. So, my idea of a Bible study is dead in the water! Complain! Complain! Complain! 

Then I read my devotional this morning. I am supposed to be living my life worthy of the gospel of Christ. Well, that includes getting to know the ladies in my neighborhood and sharing the love of God with them through relationships.  I realize now that I should be celebrating.  I am part of God's plan.  I, and my neighbor, are His hands and feet.  I met eight ladies last night that God wants to use my neighbor and I to talk to and get to know...and EVENTUALLY to tell them about Him. Along the way, we will show them His love through our actions and words. What a privilege! 

So,  I have gone from disappointed to honored...only our God can do that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review then in a few days! I hope you see God's blessings for you this week!