Wednesday, September 23, 2015

You can be so much more...just ask God!

Annie F. Downs wrote this today:

Everything good in me is for the glory of Christ (Philemon 1:6). Our strength is limited, but His strength is vast. Our hope wanes, but His hope is eternal. His Word says His riches and power are now ours (Ephesians 1:18-19). Let’s believe Him.

Imagine what you could be, do, accomplish for Christ if you simply asked Him for the things you need. Do you need wisdom? Ask! Do you need more understanding? Ask! Do you need more of ______? Ask! 

If you ask so that God can be glorified, He will give you what you need. 

After asking God for more of Him, have you noticed you seemed wiser, or smarter, or more patient, or more insightful? That was God, not you!  I look at all the things I have learned,  and quite frankly take credit for. I am embarrassed at this moment that I took credit for any of it. God gives us everything! How could I take credit for any of it? 

Sometimes I am used by God to play the piano. Everytime I sit down to play, whether prepared or not, I pray for the Holy Spirit to do what needs to be done. I don't even know where the notes come from most of the time (well, yes, I do, the Holy Spirit)! They are not from my vast musical training, that much I know for sure, because I don't have a vast musical training background,  just some lessons and a love for the piano and music!  I am not an accomplished pianist; just a willing one! 

Thank you, Father,  for continually using unqualified, sometimes ungrateful, people such as myself to do your good works!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review then in a few days! I hope you see God's blessings for you this week!